Come run our beautiful flat and fast courses through Historic Mayberry and on the Granite City Greenway! This event gives you a taste of the Mayberry life from start to finish.
Mayberry Half Marathon 5K and 10K
Come run our beautiful flat and fast courses through Historic Mayberry and on the Granite City Greenway! This event gives you a taste of the Mayberry life from start to finish. Race Start Date and Times
November 14, 2020
Saturday November 14, 2020
Main Oak Emporium
259 N. Main Street
Mount Airy, NC
|Half Marathon Start
Early Registration through March 30, 2020
Half Marathon $50
Half Marathon $60
All races for Youth Under 18 = $25NEW for 2020 - All 5K, 10K and Half Marathon finishers will receive a custom finisher's medal! More exciting additions are in the works!
Participants registered before November 1st will receive an official long-sleeve dri-fit performance race shirt. Race shirts may be available on race day on a first come, first serve basis while limited sizes and supplies last.
**Online registration ends Thursday 11/11 at 6:00 PM. Like us on Facebook
for the latest event happenings!Course Info:
Our flat and fast Half Marathon, 5K and 10K courses all start in Historic Downtown Mount Airy. The first half mile will take you down Main Street and then a fast downhill on West Pine Street, then onto the trailhead of the Granite City Greenway. From there, the races remain very flat on a scenic out-and-back paved greenway course. View our course maps with elevation below:
There is a 3 hour time limit to complete the Half Marathon. The course will no longer be supported after 11:00am. For the best experience, walkers are discouraged from registering for the 1/2 marathon and encouraged to participate in either the 5K or 10K.Pace Teams
Half Marathon pacers provided by RunGCA will be waiting for you at the starting line. Pace times to be announced prior to race day.Aid Stations
There will be water and Gatorade at the following aid stations along the course:
Half Marathon: Miles 1.95, 3.5, 6.95, 10 and 12
5K: Miles 1.95
10K: Miles 1.95, 3.5 and 4.55
Restrooms will be available at the Start and Finish Lines as well as the following locations on the course:
5K: Miles 1 and 3
10K: Miles 1, 3, 4.5 and 6
Half: Miles 1, 3, 6.5, 9.5, 11 and 12Recovery
An assortment of breakfast foods, fruit, and water will be available for the runners at the finish line.Gear Check
You may drop off articles of clothing and personal items in a clearly-marked bag at the Packet Pickup/Registration table at Main Oak Emporium on race morning. Volunteers will deliver the bags to the finish line and monitor your belongings during the race. We will do our best to keep your items secure; however, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.Parking and Shuttle Service
Free parking is available in any of the public parking areas off Main Street, all of which are a quick walk to the starting line.
A shuttle will be provided to transport people between the start at Main Oak Emporium and the finish at Riverside Park from 6:00 AM until after the awards ceremonies. The finish line is approximately 1 mile from the starting line.
Finish area parking is available at Riverside Park, the vacant parking lot across from the park on Riverside Drive, and other nearby parking areas where available.Showers
Showers and locker room facilities are available at Reeves Community Center, 113 N. Renfro Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030, which is just between Main Street and the finish line at Riverside Park.Lodging and Dining Options
Lodging is available at several area hotels and bed and breakfasts. Please call ahead for availability. There are many locally-owned dining establishments all along Main Street, Mount Airy. Several chain and fast food options and locally-owned restaurants are located on Highway 601 and Highway 52 in Mount Airy. Mount Airy, which is in the heart of the Yadkin Valley Wine Region, is also home to several wineries and craft beer outlets in the area. Check out www.VisitMayberry.com
for more information.Event Policies
- Race runs rain or shine. Registration fees and bibs are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No pets allowed with runners on the race course
- Wheelchairs, baby joggers and strollers are permitted. On the greenway, please stay to the right at all times.
- Bandits are not allowed and will be removed from the race course.
- Bib numbers must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned. Bib transfers must be requested by November 16th.
- Your race bib must be worn throughout the entire race on the front of the body and on the outermost article of clothing. Your race bib must be clearly visible at the start and finish lines. Anyone who does not comply may not receive a finish time.
- Awards are based on Gun Time. Chip times will be provided.
- Anyone who runs off the course will be automatically disqualified. Watch for and listen to course attendants for direction. Know your race course before you run.
- Any runner who does not provide age verification upon request by a race official will be disqualified.