. On Friday during Early Packet Pickup enjoy awesome craft beer, wine, artisan pizza, salad, charcuterie, appetizers, and swap race stories with other runners!
Walk-up registration will be available both days by cash, check or credit card.
Course Info -
Our certified flat and fast Half Marathon, 5K and 10K courses all start in Historic Downtown Mount Airy. The first half mile will take you down Main Street and then a fast downhill on West Pine Street, then onto the trailhead of the Granite City Greenway. From there, the races remain very flat on a scenic out-and-back paved greenway course.
MapMyRun maps are approximate. There is a 3 hour time limit to complete the Half Marathon. The course will not be supported after 11:00 am
. For the best experience, walkers are encouraged to participate in either the 5K or 10K.
Half Marathon, 10K, and 5K
Overall Top 3 Male and Female
Age Group Top 3 Male and Female: 10 and Under, 11-13, 14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
There will be water and Gatorade at the following aid stations along the course:
Half Marathon: Miles 1.95, 3.5, 6.95, 10 and 12
5K: Miles 1.95
10K: Miles 1.95, 3.5 and 4.55
Restrooms will be available at the Start and Finish Lines as well as the following locations on the course:
5K: Miles 1 and 3
10K: Miles 1 and 6
Half: Miles 1, 6.5, 9.5 and 13
An assortment of breakfast foods, fruit, and water will be available for the runners at the finish line.
You may drop off articles of clothing and personal items in a clearly-marked bag at the Packet Pickup/Registration table at Thirsty Souls Brewing on race morning. Volunteers will deliver the bags to the finish line and monitor your belongings during the race. We will do our best to keep your items secure; however, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Parking and Shuttle Service
Free parking is available in any of the public parking areas off Main Street, all of which are a quick walk to the starting line. A shuttle will be provided to transport people between the start at Main Oak Emporium and the finish at Riverside Park from 6:00 AM until after the awards ceremonies. The finish line is approximately 1 mile from the starting line.
Finish area parking is available at Riverside Park, the vacant parking lot across from the park on Riverside Drive, and other nearby parking areas where available.
Showers and locker room facilities are available at Reeves Community Center, 113 N. Renfro Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030, which is just between Main Street and the finish line at Riverside Park.
Lodging and Dining Options
Lodging is available at several area hotels and bed and breakfasts. Please call ahead for availability. There are many locally-owned dining establishments all along Main Street, Mount Airy. Several chain and fast food options and locally-owned restaurants are located on Highway 601 and Highway 52 in Mount Airy. Mount Airy, which is in the heart of the Yadkin Valley Wine Region, is also home to several wineries and craft beer outlets in the area. Check out www.VisitMayberry.com for more information.
- Race runs rain or shine. Registration fees and bibs are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- No pets allowed with runners on the race course
- Wheelchairs, baby joggers and strollers are permitted. On the greenway, please stay to the right at all times.
- Bandits are not allowed and will be removed from the race course.
- Bib numbers must be worn by the registrant to whom they have been assigned. Bib transfers must be requested by November 16th.
- Your race bib must be worn throughout the entire race on the front of the body and on the outermost article of clothing. Your race bib must be clearly visible at the start and finish lines. Anyone who does not comply may not receive a finish time.
- Awards are based on Gun Time. Chip times will be provided.
- Anyone who runs off the course will be automatically disqualified. Watch for and listen to course attendants for direction. Know your race course before you run.
- Any runner who does not provide age verification upon request by a race official will be disqualified.